About our Finance and Insurance Services
1. The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
The FCA is the independent watchdog that regulates financial services. Use this information to decide if our services are right for you.
2. Whose products do we offer?
As a credit broker, we can introduce you to a limited number of lenders and finance products to assist with your vehicle purchase. Hippo Vehicle Solutions Limited t/a Hippo Motor Group act as a Credit Broker not a Lender. Please ask us for a list of our supporting lenders. We can provide information on the following:
- Hire Purchase (HP) and Personal Contract Purchase (PCP)
- Lease Purchase and Finance Lease
- Business and Personal Contract Hire (PCH)
Occasionally, we may need to use the services of a credit broker. We will advise you of this if applicable.
We only offer products from a limited number of insurers for:
- Finance Guaranteed Asset Protection Insurance – Autoprotect (MBI) Limited
- Combined Guaranteed Asset Protection and Return to Invoice Insurance – Autoprotect (MBI) Limited
- Lease Guaranteed Asset Protection Insurance – Autoprotect (MBI) Limited
3. Which service will we provide you with?
We will provide you with information to assist with your funding decision on:
- Credit Agreements – Hire Purchase, Lease Purchase, Finance Lease, PCP, Business and Personal Contract Hire
We will advise and make a recommendation for you after we have assessed your needs for:
- Regulated Insurance Products – Finance Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP), Lease Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP), and Combined Guaranteed Asset Protection and Return to Invoice (GAP/RTI) Insurance
4. What will you have to pay us for our services?
You will receive a quotation which will inform you about the cost of each of the products and any other fees relating to any credit agreement or insurance policy you have taken. You will also receive our Information Notice that will outline any fees that are owed to us in relation to the preparation, arrangement or services provided through us prior to signing your agreement.
Please note that we may receive payment(s) or other benefits from finance providers, and we receive commission as a proportion of premium paid from our insurance provider if you decide to enter into an agreement with them.
5. Who regulates us?
Hippo Vehicle Solutions t/a ‘Hippo Motor Group’ is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. FRN 658076.
We are a Credit Broker not a Lender and can introduce you to a limited number of lenders. We typically receive a fixed commission calculated by reference to the vehicle model, product or amount you borrow, for introducing you to a lender but this does not affect the interest charged on the agreement, all of which are set by the lender. Hippo Vehicle Solutions t/a Hippo Motor Group is an Appointed Representative of AutoProtect (MBI) Limited for insurance distribution purposes. AutoProtect (MBI) Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Its firm reference number is 312143. You can check this at www.fca.org.uk
6. What to do if you have a complaint
If you wish to register a complaint, please contact us:
In writing: Customer Care Team, Hippo Vehicle Solutions Limited, Trident Park, Trident Way, Blackburn, Lancashire BB1 3NU
By phone: 01254 919000
By Emai: [email protected]
If you cannot settle your complaint with us, you may be entitled to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
7. Are we covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)?
We are covered by the FSCS. You may be entitled to compensation from the scheme if we cannot meet our obligations. This depends on the type of business and the circumstances of the claim.
General Insurance advising and arranging is covered for 90% of the claim with no upper limit. Compulsory forms of insurance (e.g. Motor Insurance) are covered for 100% of the claim with no upper limit. Further information about compensation scheme arrangements is available from the FSCS.
Please note, finance products are not covered by this scheme.